Wednesday, February 28, 2007

23 Pieces of Orange Plasticine

I am such a big fan of the Orange 241 Wednesdays, what a great way to go and see the films you want to see without paying huge amounts of money.

Plus if you’re bored and can’t afford to do much (which often happens as a student which I am sure most of you know), then it’s a great way to kill a few hours.

These two that advertise it are GENIUS; I bet no one can avoid laughing at the advertisements in the cinema before the film comes on. Sometimes I wonder if I only go to see them and not on the film (which I don’t really).

That said, it is also a very strange way to kill a few hours (Why would people kill hours? They never did anything to anyone).

Staring at a screen is the weirdest thing if you think about it. I wonder how many times people blink whilst watching a film. Probably all of twice.

Television is even weirder, because you can go for whole hours staring at a screen. I suppose the cinema is just communal screen staring. Although it does have the disadvantage of people slurping coke and munching popcorn.

Tonight I am going to go and see 23 with Jim Carrey. It is about a man who becomes obsessed with this number (perhaps he can’t deal with aging?) and eventually it becomes his downfall. On the plus side, I do find Jim Carrey quite attractive for some unbeknownst reason. I think it is the fact that he can be realllly weird and all plasticine faced, but is really moving when he takes on more serious roles like in The Truman Show. We shall see how he does in this film, I think it should be stated that I am not attracted to him with the number 23 all over his face.


Pictures:

Picture of Jim Carrey from The Number 23: http://www.myvue.com

Orange tickets: www.activemediatech.com/

Picture of Orange men: www.visit4info.com/moredetails.cfm?adnum=15917



No comments: