Monday, December 18, 2006

Bedroom antics.


I was afraid of my bedroom for eleven years. It was noisy, dark and full of monsters.

I did not move into this current bedroom until two years ago, the monsters always kept me away you see. My childhood was spent in the bedroom directly below, where all the twittering and laughter of night time critters could be heard.


This bedroom is an attic, and three of the rooms have been converted. One is a bedroom, the other a train room and the final a storage room. The 4th was never converted.

To get to this room, you need to go up an extra set of stairs. The stairs laugh at you creakily as you venture upwards.

The knocking used to come from the then unconverted train room. I used to bring my dog Pepsi upwards with me. He pretty much offered no protection.

The knocking of course never continued once I was brave enough to confront the monsters.

The only other person, who has ever witnessed/heard this, is my best friend Faye. It never happened around anyone else. It is enough to make a girl think she’s crazy. However, it did stop when the room was converted. Go figure.

Maybe some hideous creature wanted letting out, but that meant me going in. It was only when the trains replaced the darkness that I could finally sleep in the room that was supposed to be mine when we first moved in here.

Since then, the only weird thing was when Jack and I on a stifling summer night heard whispering of lots of voices, all at once. No one was outside; our neighbours do not join onto us.

Maybe the monsters like to check up on my every now and again?

2 comments:

Rosalind said...

there's monsters under my bed. i can prove it.

TommyH said...

I rhought I'd cornered the scary story market. i was wrong.