Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Sore fingers.



Ah, the Guitar, you can slice it apart quite easily, but learning to play it is another matter.

I have had my guitar Lola, (Yes I named it, mainly because I couldn’t play it) for a year and a half. I have tried on and off to learn to play it, but to no avail

This time, oh yes, this time will be much different.

You see the guitar as a beautiful thing; it is one of the clearest ways of expressing yourself. You can instantly tell when someone is annoyed, sad or just plain ol’happy. Except in air guitar, because let’s face it, that’s just weird.

It is all about learning how to express yourself on the guitar though, through learning chords and tabs and where the hell you’re supposed to put your fingers.

I am making progress however. Through things like this:


I don’t know if it is best to teach myself or to get a teacher. Guitar lessons are very pricy though, and I am but a lowly student.

Eventually, Lola will no longer be my nemesis, and we will become friends. Until then though, my fingers will be sore and red and eventually crusted.


Photos are taken from:

http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/music/guitaracoustics/guitar_graphix/guitar_anatomy.jpg

http://www.guitar-lessons-central.com/image-files/cheatsheet.jpg


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I can remember that feeling of pain! You might also want to check out www.pro-guitar-tips.com/guitarlessons.htm

They've helped me and some mates learn guitar, fast!

Good luck with it.

Sarah said...

Thanks Jim, I'm sure it'll get easier. :)