Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Talking Genitals



I decided to join the drama society the other day. So the first test was-THE DREADED AUDITION.

And I didn’t even know what I was auditioning for!

Now I have only ever done one other audition in my life and that was for the ‘Black’ version of The Wizard of Oz-conveniently called-‘The Wiz’

Audition was successful-I was the flying monkey people! I adapted him to be a Jacky Chan meets Chris Rock gangster monkey.

That takes talent you know. Or a lot of imagination on the audiences part (more likely.)

So today was quite nerve racking. I got in the room (Lecture Theatre 4) and there are two people reading from a script.

This is normal at auditions I take it.

The people behind the auditions had two separate plays in mind. One the Vagina Monologues, two-some other play.

The second play was not memorable.

I read from both, but by far enjoyed reading from the VM more.

Apparently, they are going to do it in the undercroft, sit the speaker on a stool and the audience sits on couches around them.

How intimate! So, wish me luck!

No comments: