Saturday, April 19, 2008

Saturday evening duvet ramblings




The last few weeks have run me ragged. This is a culmination of starting a new job, going to events for said job and starting rehearsals for a new play.

My new play is called The Beguiled and is about: A wounded union soldier is discovered by a young student from a nearby girl’s school, during the American civil war. He finds refuge in the school of haunted women, behind confederate lines, with only his wit and a way with women to try and see him through. John McBurney struggles to survive. But the ladies of Farnsworth Academy are strange creatures and behind their Southern charm lies something else...Something Evil.

It has also been a film with Clint Eastwood in it, and no I am not playing his character.

The rehearsals are kind of intense, and as this is my first play, I am becoming quite worn out by doing this and work.

So today I had a duvet day and spent the entire time caressing and bonding with said duvet and had an all round unproductive day!

I am now entirely addicted to Gossip Girl, which is by the creator of The OC (which I also had to see a therapist about). I watched about four episodes today and Oh Em Gee was it worth it.

That said, it’s not as quirky as The OC, and I don’t have a favourite character. No one really stands out like Summer or Seth, they just don’t have that IT, that zing.

My addictions can now be counted on one hand-Lost, The L Word and Gossip Girl. Yes please.

No comments: