Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Going Green

In this modern age, everything is so easy for us. I don’t feel challenged in my daily life any more, at least not by anything I can control.

I decided that I wanted to give something up for a month, to see if I could do it.


This has previously been alcohol (which lasted once for 2 days, the next for 7 weeks), chocolate ( That last 45 seconds) and now I wanted to try being a vegetarian.

It is not for moral reasons, it is also not permanent. I know a lot of people will think it stupid only doing it for a month, when some people choose it as a lifestyle choice or because of they feel about animals. Or because their dad gave them food poisoning with a sausage.


But then the key word in that is choice. This is my own.

I want to write an article on the life of someone who loves meat (that would be me) to go without it.

This is harder than you think, I had to go shopping and found out how expensive Quorn is! I decided to do without and mainly eat veggies.

I also went to a Chinese last night with my friend Bea. Who knew hot and sour soup had meat in it?! I didn’t, so I had to eat it without the prawns or whatever else was in there.

The key is, you have to ask before you eat at restaurants!


This is only day 3 and already I have nearly messed it up.



Update: Friday 24th Aug:- Last night I also botched up by using beef stock cube in my veggie soup. Apparently this isn't allowed :D

1 comment:

Rosalind said...

fear not Andrews. It gets easier. don't give up fish tho-its too yummy!
xxx